01 Feb Director of Application Development
Contact the recruiter Shane Paynter at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside Talent is looking for a Director of Application Development that will be responsible for leading a team of developers for a international company based in Central Ohio. This individual will be responsible for a large team and revenue stream and must be capable of recruiting, leading, inspiring and mentoring high-performing developers.
- Compensation: $150,000 - $190,000 + incentive bonus
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Manage team existing of application developers and ensure completion of daily operations of IT Application Development area focused on Java and Angular technologies.
- Ensure the Application Development area uses sound practices and processes for implementing custom developed and packaged solutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain a team organization that ensures skills and capacity for project and enhancement work while providing superior support for production applications.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in information technology, development processes and software architecture.
- Maintain knowledge of key business processes supported by our applications and technology.
- Ensure business area requests for application development services are understood, prioritized and addressed.
- Allocate skilled resources for project and enhancement requests as well as day-to-day operations.
- Maintain productive management level relationships with the company’s business functions.
- Ensure production systems are performing well and operating without defects.
- Act as central point of contact for application software vendors.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team(s) responsible for creating and supporting applications.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5 to 7 years IT management experience.
- Strong management experience with Java, n-tier and web solutions.
- Experience with both custom application software development and packaged software implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment, while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Experience in waterfall and agile development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.