08 Oct Real Estate Accountant
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at email@example.com to learn more.
Our client, a forward-thinking company, is seeking an experienced Real Estate Accountant. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative and high-growth environment. They will be a strong problem-solver with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Perform month-end accounting close functions, including journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Work with department managers to review operating budgets and other financial reporting tools.
- Prepare budget vs. actual variance reports, providing follow-up and documentation for variances.
- Assist with compliance audits, including the annual financial statement audit, and participate in the agency-wide budget development for real estate projects.
- Work collaboratively with managers and accounting/financial teams to improve the utilization of financial data for management decision-making.
- Preparing and analyzing journal entries on both GAAP and tax basis for real estate projects.
- Preparing reconciliations of general ledger accounts, as required.
- Preparing support data and analyses for financial reporting requirements and corporate communications needs including but not limited to: schedules, reconciliations, footnotes, and board books.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ year real estate accounting experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills