25 Sep Plant Controller
Contact the recruiter, Jarred Huey, at email@example.com to learn more.
We are searching for a confident, driven team member to join a publicly traded manufacturing company as the Plant Controller. This person will be the top finance professional at one of their highest performing sites.
You will play an important role in the Company's overall strategic growth plans while managing the Accounting & Finance department and partnering with several other divisions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Guide facilities’ profitability by identifying, communicating and driving resolution of cost control issues across the plant management team.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate monthly closing. Oversee all standard month-end journal entries for the plant.
- Participate in audits of the plant, including financial and inventory, by collecting required documentation, performing periodic physical counts, and other activities as directed.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare ongoing monthly and year-to-date budget analysis for budget review, analysis and decision making.
- Effective Direct Labor costing and tracking.
- Provide weekly and monthly summary of plant cost variances and to assist plant management in identify root cause of labor, material usage, and overhead variances.
- Ensuring an up-to-date awareness of business issues/potential issues for the site.
- Pro-actively reviewing and recommending areas for improvement of financial performance; development of the necessary systems and disciplines to meet reporting timelines and content.
- Work with production team members to ensure timely and accurate recording of production data.
- Developing effective working relationships with direct reports. Ensuring a positive environment which facilitates maximum employee engagement.
- Maintaining highest standards of inventory control.
- Scrap and obsolete analysis including trends analysis and identification of problem areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to team with a variety of people to achieve business objectives
- Ability to handle multiple demands and priorities
- Ability to be an effective driver of issues throughout the operation
- Thrives in a high paced, dynamic environment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment. Must have a sound understanding of plant operations.
- Strong computer systems knowledge and experience particularly of ERP systems and Microsoft Office software to specifically include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.