09 Jan Manager, Technical Accounting
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Our client, a leader in its field, is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager. This position is open due to internal promotion. The Technical Accounting Manager will be working closely with the executive team to develop and lead a strong staff of Accounting and Finance professionals.
Top reasons to work with our client:
- Global, industry-leading company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work directly with Executive Management
- International presence
The position will have a wide range of responsibilities, which will include:
- Direct the preparation of the company's financial processes, filings, statements and reports in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage the revenue close process to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with SOX standards
- Coordinate with FP&A to provide forecast details related to non-standard revenue programs
- Partner effectively with the sales, marketing and legal teams
- Prepare quarterly revenue reports for upper management
- Work with external auditors to satisfy quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Assist with other technical accounting projects, as needed
- Contribute financial expertise to various functions, special projects and analysis.
- Complete accounting research regarding new and existing accounting rules and related reporting requirements.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of related experience
- MBA or CPA a plus but not required
- Apply extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Team Lead or Management experience
- Ability to interact with several divisions outside of Accounting & Finance