26 Mar Cost Accounting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at email@example.com to learn more.
As the Cost Accounting Manager, you will oversee a skilled accounting team to identify and implement cost-effective solutions. Ultimately, you will bring a keen eye for improvement and an entrepreneurial mindset to assist leadership in profitability maximization.
- Prepare month/quarter closing journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and variance analyses for inventory and cost of goods
- Improve and create KPIs for the business to facilitate decisions, including manufacturing variance, inventory, manufacturing site reporting, and product line reporting
- Compile and analyze project costs providing explanations for variances between actuals and estimates
- Supervise month-end close as it relates to inventory, production variances, and project costs
- Drive continuous financial improvement through gross profit analysis, inventory analysis, new product, and discontinuance analysis, and spending analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills