14 May Cloud Network Engineer
Contact the recruiter, Shane Paynter, at email@example.com to learn more.
A growing company is seeking a Cloud Network Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver, self-starter with a background in operating and designing data center or service provider networks. This role offers exposure to leading-edge technology and cross-functional collaboration.
- Providing appropriate server infrastructure based on system requirements.
- Maintain, monitor, and administer AWS Environment, including Docker, ECS, EC2 instances, IAM, NACLs, Subnets, Security Groups, and CloudWatch according to AWS best practice standards.
- Install, support, and maintain firewalls and other security infrastructure according to industry best practices.
- Incorporating new architecture, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met in order to maintain strict client SLAs for application delivery / high availability
- Balance network uptime and proper machine configuration with AWS cost constraints.
- Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
- Perform hybrid cloud network implementations in Azure and AWS
- Network services, such as load balancers, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP and network monitoring tools within AWS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field of study, or equivalent work experience required.
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience in an Engineering role namely Routing and Switching, Cloud Networking Technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure certification preferred )
- Good understanding of networking requirements for different cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and emerging container platforms (ECS/EKS/PCF)
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement