26 Mar Technical Accounting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager for our growing client. This is an essential role that will provide the leadership team with technical guidance and influence strategic decision-making.
- Review complex and unusual transactions and prepare U.S. GAAP technical accounting position papers and work with external auditors through the review process
- Complete special projects and prepare analyses for senior management requiring technical accounting research and analysis of financial information as requested
- Provide proactive, expert consultation and technical support on events and transactions by identifying and addressing accounting policy and reporting issues
- Develop and maintain corporate financial and operational policies to support effective internal and business control environments and ensure compliance with US GAAP; provide expertise in recommending enhancements and additions to the policies
- Monitor development of new and emerging accounting pronouncements, assess the impact and lead the implementation efforts of such pronouncements
- Establish and maintain internal controls over financial reporting
- Research accounting guidance and write technical accounting memos that analyze and interpret business impact, provide guidance, and conclusions on steps forward for significant and/or unusual transactions.
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Highly effective communication skills