26 Mar Manager, Technical Accounting
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Carve your career path as part of an internationally recognized company as the Manager of Technical Accounting. The Manager of Technical Accounting will have ample opportunity to continue to grow with the company as the leader of a diverse accounting team. This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Reporting and will be responsible for mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture accounting.
- Research accounting literature and apply technical US GAAP standards to complex business issues
- Evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies
- Assist in the preparation of accounting memos providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions
- Critically and thoroughly analyze non-recurring transactions by properly identifying the accounting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of accounting and/or financial reporting information.
- Prepares/reviews written analyses of issues to enhance the understanding of senior management; makes recommendations
- Works effectively with internal/external contacts to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company
- Responsible for adherence to and the development of the Company's framework of internal controls.
- Involved with the activities of one or more departments, specifically focusing on the development of a wireless business, which alone or together should have a significant impact on the success of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- Minimum 6+ years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with SOX and internal controls
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills