30 Jul Assistant Controller
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside is working with a Chicago-based company, who has experienced tremendous growth in the last couple of years, to hire an Assistant Controller. As our client continues to grow they are striving to maintain the qualities that have made them successful; a close-knit team where everyone is excited to come to work and passionate about the work they do.
- Assist division Controller overseeing accounting operations of the subsidiaries for which he or she is responsible.
- Assist in the preparation and analyzing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Ensures application and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist operations in the production of required production and management reports.
- Assists in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare audit files for the subsidiaries for which he or she is responsible.
- Maintain fixed asset database for multiple entities and ensures detail ties to the general ledger.
- Prepare work papers for internal and external audits.
- Provide backup duties for other accounting staff during absences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Requirements & Skills:
- BA/BS in Accounting. CPA preferred (not required)
- Five (5) or more years of related experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, payroll, taxes, and related practices
- Experience creating and maintaining financial statements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating an ability to communicate and consult with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Exceptional planning, organizing and change management skills