08 Feb VP of Finance
Contact the recruiter Joe Gress at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside Talent is looking for a VP of Finance for an international company based in the central Ohio area. This person will be overseeing finance and accounting activities and systems and will serve as a strategic adviser for the CFO as have significant interaction with the broader Operations staff. Reports to the CFO for Global Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides complete financial management and decision support for the organization.
- Leads, plans and directs the development and analysis of financial budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Actively engaged with operations leaders, providing strategic advice and direction as needed, including prioritization and investment return analysis.
- Interprets and communicates data and information to support financial analysis and decision making, trends, causation and risks/opportunities.
- Provides recommendations to management for establishing and achieving cost objectives
- Participates and drives standardization of key business processes and development of business plans including: strategic financial planning, cash flow, ROI, Capital and Operating expenditures.
- Provides financial support for the development, implementation, tracking and reporting of continuous improvement (VIP) initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Responsible for on-going review and audit of Operations financial systems and activities to ensure compliance with company policies and GAAP.
- Identifies and develops future leadership and improves overall bench strength through talent assessment, selection, and placement.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required, a CPA, CMA, and MBA is highly preferred.
- 12 - 15 years experience in finance/accounting positions
- Minimum 5 years of experience interfacing with and advising executive level managers.
- Thorough knowledge of cost management techniques, financial modeling, financial control, financial analysis, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker