30 Jul Senior Internal Auditor
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside has partnered with one of Columbus's best places to work to identify a Senior Internal Auditor. This role is open due to internal promotion and provides ample career development opportunities.
Benefits of working with this industry leader:
- Great company culture : meetings are kept to a minimum; management is personable and reasonable
- Every employee is expected to make valued and impactful contributions
- Clear path to promotion
- Serve as a key liaison and partner to Finance, Accounting, Tax and Technology
- Executes audit planning by performing research to assist in development of appropriate audit scope, audit programs, and testing procedures.
- Takes a lead role by utilizing audit skills and practices to identify, document, test the effectiveness of internal processes and controls and develop sound conclusions.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing sound conclusions supported by audit evidence and makes recommendations to strengthen internal controls and increase efficiency, effectiveness and economy of operations.
- Performs regular follow-up and review in accordance with Internal Audit procedures to ensure management action plans are completed within agreed upon time frames. Ensures completed action plans are evidenced to support the completed status.
- Takes a lead role by participating in a risk assessment process by collaborating with Internal Audit leadership and team members to complete an assessment with input from management in addition to other relevant individuals.
- Regularly researches and utilizes outside resources to maintain and update knowledge of healthcare, youth care, and audit issues.
- Participates in continuing education activities, and keeps credentials up to date.
- Partners with management to improve education, compliance, and controls related to financial, operational and compliance issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of full-time financial or internal / external auditing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures and preparing audit reports; risk-based auditing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO and COBIT standards, GAAP, current audit practices, new legislation and regulatory requirements and internal auditing standards
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create thorough documentation and interface effectively with individuals at various levels
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills