21 May Senior Accountant – path to manager
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
We have an amazing opportunity for an accounting professional looking for their next career move. Ringside has partnered with a high-growth company headquartered in Columbus to identify a Senior Accountant. This role has been created with the intention of promotion to manager. Assessment for promotion will begin immediately.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze current operating procedures and business practices and developing recommendations and technical solutions for increasing efficiency in operations.
- Help prepare monthly financial reports, internal management reports, and external regulatory reports
- Prepare financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders. Collects, analyzes, and summarizes accounting data and trends in order to present pertinent information. Presents accounting data in an appropriate format.
- Ensures strong internal controls over financial reporting by enforcing policies and procedures
- Evaluate and analyze accounting systems and records to ensure accurate data maintenance and financial position representation and to project trend outcomes.
- Develop, revise and implement financial standards, policies and procedures and to write and revise procedures and instructions relating to internal and external administration and operations.
- Research complex accounting issues and errors to find solutions
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a plus but not necessary
- 3+ years experience in general accounting, with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Very detailed oriented with strong analytical skills
- Self-starter, sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, team member