07 May SEC Reporting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Jarred Huey, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside Talent has been retained by an exciting company in the Greater Cleveland area. Given recent explosive growth, we are recruiting for a SEC Reporting Manager. We are looking for someone with a strong accounting and SEC Reporting background and the ability to own the processes over an entire division.
This position offers cross-functional exposure along with high visibility to leadership. The SEC Reporting Manager will be empowered to own the reporting process start to finish, establish a reputation, and be well positioned for fast-tracked promotions.
Top reasons to work with our client:
- World class benefits and compensation packages (Health Benefits, vacation, 401K)
- Work closely with the Group Controller and Director of Finance
- Stable and growing company
Functions and Duties:
- Lead various process improvement initiatives in order to eliminate redundancies and improve efficiency of the SEC reporting process
- Prepare and review external financial reporting filings, including quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings (Form S1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Annual Report, Proxy Statement, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements
- Partner with the accounting and finance department to create a high-performance team capable of meeting the Company’s and the department’s objectives
- Assist in managing the reporting timeline and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure reporting timelines are me
- Lead efforts to analyze, research and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB
- Review significant contracts and determine appropriate accounting under US GAAP and coordinate with internal teams on accounting
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting
The Best Candidates Possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred but not required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Ability to interact with several divisions outside of Accounting & Finance