21 May Operations Finance Manager
Contact the recruiter, Malorie Holbert, at email@example.com to learn more.
If you want to be a part of a fast-paced interactive finance team, we have an opportunity for you. A globally recognized company is seeking an Operations Finance Manager. This position will implement and maintain a system of internal controls, prepare financial reporting, and interact with management to resolved issues and drive value-added change.
About the Role:
- Lead costing function through regular review and setup of standard costs, including leading the annual cost roll process. Analyze costs on a monthly basis to ensure alignment with budget, forecast, and business goals.
- Monitor and lead root cause analysis and resolution of manufacturing variances and provide Finance and Operations Management with insight and supporting analysis for monthly performance drivers.
- Provide cross-functional finance leadership in inventory management and costing methodologies to ensure accurate and appropriate costing of product and service inventory transactions and accurate valuation of inventories.
- Execute the monthly close activities consistent with current schedules- includes journal entries, reserve analyses, SOX documentation, and account reconciliations.
- Conduct variance analysis comparing actual performance against forecast, budget, and prior year. Similar analysis needed when preparing forecasts and budgets.
- Perform operational and financial analysis to support Operations and positively influence business decisions. Develop new tools and visualizations to help highlight trends and deviations and present findings and recommendations to management.
- Support cost savings initiatives by developing relevant analytics, validating sources of savings, and providing updates and reporting to cross-functional teams and Operations and Finance management.
- Proactively seek out and identify opportunities that drive financial results, provide direction to Operations in order to improve financial and operational performance, and develop models that help improve profitability
- Fulfill various ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, including developing reports, analyzing trends, and presenting results.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business
- 7+ years financial experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (SOX, GAAP, DBE, collection laws, contract law, etc.)