14 Sep Manager of Business Intelligence
Please email the recruiter Shane Paynter at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside Talent is looking for a Manager of Business Intelligence to join an industry-leading national brand located in Central Ohio. The Business Intelligence Manager will be key member of the IT organization reporting directly to CIO. He or she will be responsible for managing big data and advanced analytics initiatives, data integration/engineering, and business intelligence and data warehousing. The position requires building strong technical hands-on skills and experience as well as establishing close business relationships across the company. Working closely with business stakeholders, you will establish and drive a long-term BI strategy and roadmap and manage increasing demand for advanced analytics.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Build and maintain operating models based on statistical analysis that drives our most important decisions
- Produce dashboards and reports for various constituents
- Perform analysis on large datasets to help answer a wide range of business questions
- Monitor and track actual performance relative to projections
- Draw conclusions from analyses and translate that into actionable business initiatives
- Prepare presentations to management, board members, and investors
- Ongoing competitive benchmarking
- Partner with team members to understand and develop metrics relevant to each business segment
- Identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations backed by data
- Support special projects as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous management experience and successfully leading a team of direct reports
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing employees, managing performance, setting goals for team/individuals and provide mentoring.
- Experience with big data technologies and advanced data analytics (Spotfire, SAS, Cloudera) a strong plus
- Demonstrated expertise in the related IT technical domains including Spotfire, Informatica, SQL Server
- Project management experience, including: delivering implementation projects for new solutions in complex environments with many involved parties (technical disciplines, IT, software vendors, outsourcing partners etc.)