12 Apr Lead DevOps Engineer
Contact the recruiter Scott Rudy at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside Talent has an exciting opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join thriving and expanding company based Central Ohio. The role works closely with IT team members and the development team to implement stakeholder requirements in the creation of quality processes. The Lead DevOps Engineer is a member of an agile development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of application’s build, release, and configuration activities.
What the Role Involves
- Compensation: $100,000 - $135,000 + bonus
- Provide technical excellence in building and maintaining an industry standard class Continuous Integration and Delivery process.
- Take ownership of the existing CI/CD systems and work on the enhancement and optimization to meet business needs.
- Design, develop and maintain proper documentation to enable easier adoption of the best practices and implementation of designs.
- Communicate effectively with developers, peers and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Utilize analytical and debugging skills in determining the root cause of problems, and demonstrate ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems)
- Expected to work in SAFE Agile Development process
- Automation of configuration management and deployments – Eg: Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in designing and developing DevOps automation tools and practices.
- Hands-on experience of SCM tools (e.g. SVN, TFS git) for managing, labeling, branching and merging source code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2-5 year relevant experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- OS level networking
- Programming skills on any one (Python + bash + Perl + C++)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployments (Jenkins etc.)
- Experience with containerization tools like Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with Ansible or other automation frameworks
What We Value
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 3-5 years of programming experience.
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.