08 Feb Internal Controls Manager
Contact the recruiter Adam Sidrane at email@example.com to learn more.
An international company with aggressive future growth plans headquartered in the Greater Chicago area is looking for an Internal Controls Manager to add to its growing team. The Manager, Internal Controls, is a mission critical role in the Internal Controls business.
We are seeking a motivated and talented professional to be a leader for the IC team along with the ability to manage the execution of SOX strategies. You will be engaged with other business units along with being an influencer and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of company-wide accounting, financial reporting and operational internal control weaknesses.
- Collaborating with management to assist in developing and implementing operational controls and processes that support strategic objectives.
- Own internal control portion of external audits, including compliance and 3rd party control projects.
- Responsible for developing, directing, communicating & analyzing disbursement reviews and ultimately recommending processes for implementing controls for financial improvement of operations and supply expenses.
- Oversee the Controls Certification process, move from a passive validation to an in-depth review and redesign of controls where required
- Evaluate financial statement risk.
- Maintaining the company's Delegation of Authority (DoA) policy and evaluating access controls and roles design for key financial applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding theory.
- Leadership experience in internal controls or audit with demonstrated skill in the application of applicable concepts and best practices.
- Auditing internal controls, internal audit, and/or public accounting or other work experience