25 Sep Division Controller
Contact the recruiter, Jarred Huey, at email@example.com to learn more.
A globally-recognized brand is seeking a hard working individual with a positive hands-on leadership approach who is ready to dive in and lead the accounting and finance team. The Division Controller will influence decision making and drive dynamic business improvements to assist in promoting continued company growth. This role offers ample exposure to the executive team and ongoing career advancement opportunities.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedure, controls, and accounting systems to ensure the integrity of GAAP, financial statements, and reporting of operational results.
- Leads all General Ledger, Reporting and Technical accounting and tax functions for the business unit.
- Drives the monthly close process ensuring the Company’s financial/accounting process is performed in a timely and accurate manner per the close calendar and according to US GAAP.
- Partners with other Finance/Accounting teams to ensure consolidated financials are complete and accurate, and accounting is consistent across entities.
- Reviews financial fluctuations of financial statements at business functional segment level and provides variance analysis.
- Develops, coaches and manages team of accounting personnel. Establishes goals and measures to track the success of the department.
- Works closely with and is accountable to the Corporate Controlling team to provide reports and schedules used for consolidating reporting and analysis.
- Supports external audit requirements for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Maintains and continuously improves the existing Internal Control environment, ensuring that all policies, controls and process improvement activities are consistently applied to support operational requirements.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 8-15 years of related experience
- Team Lead or Management experience
- Advanced knowledge of US-GAAP
- Results and goals oriented, capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills