21 May Director of Financial Reporting
Contact the recruiter, Malorie Holbert, at email@example.com to learn more.
A high-growth company headquartered in Chicago is looking for a strong accounting and finance professional to fill a high-heat position as the Director of Financial Reporting. This person must be able to own the processes over the entire team and will offer high visibility and exposure to the executive team.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users; in accordance with GAAP and Statutory accounting principles.
- Assists controller of consolidated subsidiaries on GAAP accounting matters.
- Responsible for proper accounting of all investments in accordance with company policy, including documentation of applicable accounting treatment.
- Coordinates internal and external auditor requests.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight of income tax compliance, including audit compliance, through timely preparation of tax returns; timely preparation of estimated quarterly payments; preparation of and response to IRS requests for information; appeal of mandated adjustments; and filing of final returns.
- Provide GAAP and other accounting guidance for the company including being a resource to all operating company CFOs and Controllers.
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure compliance with reporting and disclosure requirements and SOX compliance.
- SOX liaison between Internal Audit and management.
- Assists senior management in evaluating strategic business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 8-10 years previous accounting experience
- Must have detailed knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and SEC reporting
- Excellent writing skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability
- Self-starter, high level of integrity, passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and collaborative skills
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities