15 Aug Director of Accounting
Email the recruiter email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside Talent is working with an industry leading manufacturer that is headquartered in Greater Chicago to find a Director of Accounting. This position is open due to recent growth and offers high visibility and exposure to the executive team. The Director of Accounting will develop and lead a strong staff of Accounting and Finance professionals.
- Oversee company's ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with general accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage month-end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Help build and maintain detailed financial model, accounting for all inputs into revenue, expenses, and cash usage
- Supervise a team of accountants and build strong partnerships with each functional department head
- Ensure accuracy of the company's accounts by developing and maintaining reconciliation schedules, month end closing binder
- Perform budget versus actual analysis along with assisting in the calculation of all KPI's
- Preparation and posting of journal entries/accruals and assisting with bank reconciliations
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Manage external and internal audits.
- 8+ years of experience of public and private Accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Candidate must have experience with MS Office Suite with strong emphasis on proficiency using Excel
- Highly organized, work pro-actively and efficiently by completing tasks and deadlines; hands-on individual with initiative and problem solving skills.
- High acumen to detail and accuracy of data and information.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills; ability to communicate with, co-workers and service providers across the world.