09 Jan DevOps Engineer
Contact the recruiter, Mike Vessells, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside Talent has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join thriving and expanding company based in Central Ohio. The role works closely with IT team members and the development team to implement stakeholder requirements in the creation of quality processes.
The DevOps Engineer is a member of an agile development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of application’s build, release, and configuration activities.
What the Role Involves
- Responsible for the day to day management and administration of Infrastructure as Code components to meet business needs.
- Serve as an advocate for quality practices including the development of automated testing to improve business processes.
- Act as a critical part of a multi-team effort to deliver, manage and maintain configuration automation to meet business needs.
- Apply the latest industry advancements to improve infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, design and re-design various processes to continually improve service to the organization.
- Responsible for infrastructure setup, configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Create and maintain automated systems for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work on multiple tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise.
- Work as a project team member, or independently on small projects.
- Increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
- Create and maintain monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure that any unexpected issues are promptly identified and escalated.
- Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure: setup, configuration and monitoring:
- Windows Servers 2012+ (including administration of Internet Information Services - IIS)
- SQL Server 2008+ - Database Installation, Configuration, Administration
- Experience with Octopus Deploy: create, maintain and monitor continuous delivery and deployments.
- Experience in software development with Microsoft .NET
What We Value
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Typically requires 3-5 years of programming experience.
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.