23 Oct Data Engineering Manager
Contact the recruiter, Jimmy Duffy, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
As the Data Engineering Manager, you will use data to help drive the direction of products that shape the foundation of our Client's growing tech company. You will utilize data architecture to support the launch of cutting-edge products in tandem with product managers, data scientists, and software engineers.
- Report to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer. This role has the overall responsibility for all Data Engineering functions including Data Delivery Roadmap and Project Ownership. Responsible for ensuring completeness, accuracy, consistency, and quality of all deliverables required for each project.
- Lead, Manage, and Grow a team of Data Engineers to ensure a high level of performance and efficacy. Guide the team in key architectural design and development methodologies. Help set goals and measure the progress of the team.
- Provide strategic leadership for the design, development, testing, and delivery of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) workflows.
- Collaborate effectively with Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Technology teams to define success metrics and roadmap.
- Impacts the business results, leading others in identifying and resolving complex technical, operational, and organizational problems. Sets priorities, allocates resources and develops plans for multiple related teams. Decisions are guided by the business strategy.
- Develop and manage the processes, controls, and technical solutions necessary for an effective Data Engineering function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of data engineering experience in developing and supporting BI and/or analytics/data platforms
- Experience developing and deploying scalable enterprise data integration solutions in Google Cloud Platform
- Hands-on experience programming in SQL
- Experience building and maintaining automated data pipelines and data assets using batch and/or streaming processes
- Experience programming in Python
- Data modeling experience
- Experience working in a cloud-based database environment (Google Cloud Platform/BigQuery, AWS, Azure)
- Great communication and interpersonal skills