10 Sep Cost Accountant
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to be an integral part of our client's accounting team. This role will be responsible for developing budgets, metrics, and financial goals that align with the company's strategic goals.
The Cost Accountant will work closely with the Controller to:
- Prepare month end closing entries, and in a particularly timely manner, to make sure that the Finance Department is able to publish financial statements by the due date.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and production activities to make sure that all variances are real, reasonable, and not the result of a system user’s problem, or a change in the system.
- Maintain and update standard costs, year round, to ensure proper cost of goods sold results, manufacturing variance results, and accurate inventory costing.
- Prepare and present to management next year’s budgeted cost of goods sold, labor and overhead rates, and any budgeted variances, which help determine an accurate overall picture of corporate profitability.
- Participates in developing and monitoring of procedures and systems to provide financial guidance in support of the business unit's operating objectives
- Implement and follow internal controls within his/her area of responsibility and support the site controller on the same.
- Work closely with corporate teams and other regions to improve methods and analysis and develop the manufacturing controlling network.
- Reconciling and consolidating regional reports used regionally including strategy plan, quarterly reviews, the annual budget process, etc
The Best Candidates Possess:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years cost accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understand and adhere to systems of internal control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization