03 Sep Controller
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The Controller is an essential member of the leadership team and reports directly to the CFO. This role will be responsible for budgets, forecasting, monitoring KPI's, and assist with strategic problem solving. Our client is an industry leader that is experience exponential growth and will ultimately lead to opportunities for promotion.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Manages all financial and accounting activities for the plant.
- Prepares all financial reports, sales forecasts, profit and expense statements, and other cost control methods.
- Communicates with all department managers in order to complete monthly and year end reports and reports to division managers.
- Ensures compliance with all FIT (Sarbanes Oxley) requirements and leading any approved changes that align with FIT compliance.
- Prepares month end journal entries and financial month-end closing
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Arranges for audits of company accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Accounts payable preparation.
- Maintains standard cost system.
- Performs maintenance and reconciliation various general ledger accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 10 years of related experience
- Ability to quickly learn the details of our industry specific accounting needs
- Proven experience in financial reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and inventory valuation with proven track record of accurate and timely financial reporting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and regulatory standards
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a team atmosphere