31 Oct Compliance and Controls Manager
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside Talent is looking for an Compliance and Controls Manager to join an industry leading Chiglobal company that is continuing to experience growth headquartered in Chicago.
You will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This is a great leadership opportunity for a candidate wanting to make a difference at an international organization, dedicated to being a leader in the manufacturing business.
What you will be doing:
- Identify ongoing assurance requirements and ensure all relevant documentation is kept up to date and maintained to an appropriate standard.
- Interpret and implement key initiatives from wider compliance functions within National Grid which feed into the broader compliance framework, including policies and guidelines on safety, health, environment and security.
- Support key internal stakeholders in effective communication and coordination with the service provider(s) on the National Grid compliance framework (including policies and guidelines on safety, health, environment and security).
- Perform a detailed, accurate and timely review of monthly reports produced by the service provider(s) on all activities which impact on compliance.
- Interface with external auditors to ensure the compliance and controls function continues to deliver to audit requirements and that implementation of audit points are carried out by service provider(s).
- Identify best practice and communicate where process improvements can be made, both within the team and in the wider business.
- Identify key compliance weaknesses.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA experience a plus
- 7+ years accounting experience
- Public accounting experience/internal audit experience
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and controls/compliance infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of GAAP – US and International
- Strong project management skills
- Change management
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- Strong sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to assess, design, and implement internal controls in an enterprise level environment
- Ability to form working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in designing, testing, evaluating and documenting controls
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process