30 Jul Commercial Underwriting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Malorie Holbert, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside has teamed up with a Cincinnati leader to identify a Commercial Underwriting Manager. This opportunity offers a direct path to the top for the underwriter with a lot of ability and will have a direct hand in far-reaching decisions.
- Responsible for all production and underwriting (profit/loss) results for the production underwriting team
- Evaluate loans and if they align with bank's credit risk guidelines
- Lead and coach the production underwriting team through an advanced understanding of underwriting guidelines, state regulations, facultative reinsurance placement and OFAC regulations
- Process requests for credit and make the initial decision in regards to declining or proceeding with the credit processes
- Conduct performance management duties including KPI analytics
- Participate on projects and initiatives as assigned by leadership
- Review claims activity, loss control survey, and inspection reports for compliance with existing policies, handling exceptions as required and recommending improvements
- Provide support to ensure accurate and timely servicing of accounts
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve issues
- Lead delivery of appropriate customer service levels
- Determine and lead delivery of training and development based on individual and unit needs - Coaches, develops and provides feedback to associates
- Manage relationships with regional carriers and territory teams – Work to initiate and execute cross selling strategies
- Assist the production underwriting team with development and execution of sound action plans to drive business from key agents
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Team Leader/management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated progression of increasing responsibility.
- 7-10 years commercial underwriting experience
- Experiencing underwriting at a bank preferred
- Experience thriving in a high volume production environment
- Critical thinker with strong decision making ability
- Proven ability to improve production and quality metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication