21 Jan Business Unit Controller
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside is looking for a Business Unit Controller for a "best place to work" company experiencing tremendous growth headquartered in central Ohio. The Business Unit Controller will have full responsibility for the Business Unit financial statements. This includes helping to maximize return on assets by establishing strong financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The Business Unit Controller will be a key business partner that will add value to the organization by providing critical analysis and identifying areas of opportunity for financial improvement.
Top reasons to work with our client:
- Competitive salary: $110,000 - $120,000
- One of Columbus's Best Places to Work
- Excellent Work/Life balance
- Broad-based financial leadership role with a wide range of responsibilities including support of all facilities, inventory control processes and cost accounting procedures, monthly accounting and reporting, financial analysis, technical accounting issues
- Maintain effective internal controls environment and compliance with annual internal controls compliance program
- Lead continuous improvement in the areas of accounting operations and financial reporting processes/systems
- Interface with Financial Planning and Analysis team to assist in providing analysis to management on monthly financial results
- Responsible for the integrity of division’s financial statements.
- Understands and communicates division’s financial results and trends to division management team (GM, Functional Directors, Business Unit Directors) and Corporate Finance. Recommends appropriate course of action when results differ from plan.
- Develops quarterly forecast and annual budgets and updates forecasts as appropriate throughout time period
- Actively involved in division’s resource planning
- Contribute to the development and review of the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and develop the financial budget around the strategic plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field required.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate across business functions and divisions
- Presentation skills at the executive management level
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Possess working knowledge of new business systems requirements and implementation methodologies (CRM and ERP)