19 Mar Business Systems Analyst
Contact the recruiter, Shane Paynter, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
New ideas, technologies, and ways of thinking are the driving forces in innovation. These are the driving principals behind one of Columbus's most dynamic start-ups. As their Business Systems Analyst you will embrace innovation, challenge the status quo, and collaborate to drive results.
About the company:
- Fast paced start-up environment
- Collaborative workforce
- Excellent company culture
- Cutting edge technology
- Top of the line compensation and benefits packages
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
The Best Candidates Possess:
- 3-5 years of related work experience, understand and possess the ability to apply project lifecycle methodology.
- Experience defining software requirements, writing use cases, functional specifications and enhancement requests, and creating prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience writing stories and epics in an Agile development environment
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience working in Agile tools (such as Jira)
- Experience with multiple platforms; including mainframe and client/server or web and mobile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, including strong questioning and listening skills; ability to look beyond obvious answers, and understand the impact on other areas is required.