17 Sep Assistant Controller
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress. at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside has an opportunity for the accounting professional with Public Accounting experience as the Assistant Controller for on of Central Ohio's fastest growing companies. This role will bridge the gap between the Controller, the accounting team, and finance team.
Duties of the role include:
- Assist the CEO & Controller in the monthly/quarterly/yearly close process by recording and verifying financial transactions.
- Play a key role in company GAAP compliance through knowledge of accounting standards and practices.
- Produces ad-hoc in-depth analyses as needed for review by management using enhanced data-driven insights that will influence overall business decision making.
- Assist with the annual budget and monthly performance tracking vs budget.
- Drives accountability with business partners and factory personnel to ensure that critical processes, procedures and controls are followed
- Ability to develop & maintain complex financial models capable of illustrating strategic initiatives to plant & corporate leadership.
- Contributes to the larger team while working autonomously to achieve individual objectives.
- Assists with internal and external Auditor requests and audits.
- Ad-hoc assignments as assigned.
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- Public Accounting experience required
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and automated accounting systems.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, management and outside professionals.