10 Sep Accounting Supervisor
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Our client is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. They are a well-established company headquartered in New Albany and are currently experiencing tremendous growth. This role will be in charge of developing and supervising the growing accounting team, assist with month-end close out, and work closely with the Controller.
Overview of Duties:
- Coordinates and assists in the completion of period closing activities, journal entries, reconciliation schedules, and analysis to ensure accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness and to provide management with accurate and professional information.
- Supervises the daily functions and activities of the accounting department to ensure that standards for accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are met.
- Schedules, coordinates, and directs the workload of accounting staff to ensure that assignments are completed in accordance with established company policies and deadlines.
- Updates various periodic or quarterly financial and operational reports for use by the corporate and local division.
- Trains and develops accounting staff to ensure and maintain the required level of professional competence.
- Assists in the coordination of the quarterly physical inventory process, researches variances, and assists in resolution of variances.
- Participates in the annual budget process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years Accounting experience
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.