25 Sep Accounting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside has partnered with a cutting-edge company to identify an Accounting Manager who is a leader and strategic thinker. The Accounting Manager will lead the accounting team to maintain the general ledger in accordance to GAAP procedures. This role will work closely with the Controller to utilize financial modeling to aid in financial business strategic-decision making.
Essential Duties Include:
- Prepare, review, and analyze general ledger account balances to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Complete and review general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Support and oversee work performed by global shared services on behalf of company's central administration general ledgers.
- Coordinate accounting activities among and between various company divisions and functions.
- Document, assess and test key internal controls over financial reporting for SOX compliance purposes.
- Understand and ensure proper application of Company accounting policies and procedures.
- Review current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit.
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at quarter/year-end.
- Supervise and/or manage other general ledger accounting activities, as requested.
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and interrelated processes
- Strong oral and written communications skills