24 Sep Accounting Manager
Contact the recruiter, Spencer Preston, at email@example.com to learn more.
Ringside is working with a high-growth, multi-national company headquartered in Des Plaines to find an Accounting Manager. This position offers cross-functional exposure and an opportunity to work closely with the executive team.
This is the perfect opportunity for an accounting professional who is goal-oriented, ambitious, and highly organized. The Accounting Manager will be ready to accept new challenges and grow with the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting for all fixed assets, including capitalization, depreciation, cost of removal, salvage value, asset retirement obligations, sub-ledger and general ledger journal entries, regulatory asset/liability, and AFUDC including associated analyses.
- Manage SOX control documentation for the Fixed Asset Accounting Department, ensuring design and operating effectiveness of controls to appropriately mitigate material risks.
- Serve as the functional owner and subject matter expert of the lease accounting.
- Manage a team of accountants and maximize efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Provide timely information to applicable departments to ensure all business needs concerning fixed assets are adequately met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required
- CPA preferred (may be in process if intent is to become certified)
- Strong oral and written communications skills