11 Feb Tax Director
Contact the recruiter, Jarred Huey, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Ringside Talent is working with one of Cleveland's "best places to work" to identify a Tax Director. This position is the ideal next step for a seasoned Tax professional looking to advance their career.
The Tax Director will work cross-functionally with the leadership team to ensure timely and accurate tax procedure and month-end processes.
- Ensure the accuracy of tax liabilities and payments, reports and data files; reviews the financial results and provides communication to management
- Responsible for the accurate and timely performance of various assigned functions in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual transactional tax returns and month-end close process
- Design and implement necessary controls to ensure the Company's tax liabilities and financial statements are accurate, reliable and in conformity with individual local and state laws as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Research and stay current on new tax law developments, understand their impact on tax planning strategies, and communicate to various stakeholders
- Supervise and collaborate with tax contractors and consultants
- Assist in due diligence for business development activities and advising on income tax related matters including valuation and usage of acquired tax attributes, input on tax implications of deal structures, and any other relevant tax related matters
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
- 7+ years of experience in income tax accounting or related field
- Five years supervisory or management experience desire
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to work within a team