31 Dec Senior Internal Auditor – No Travel Required
Contact the recruiter, Joe Gress, at email@example.com to learn more.
Do you want to be a part of one of the most innovative companies? Do you have a passion for collaboration and communication? If so, the company we are representing has an opening for a Senior Internal Auditor.
This role will work cross-functionally with several other key members of the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity for direct exposure to senior leadership.
Benefits of working with this industry leader:
- Great company culture: meetings are kept to a minimum; management is personable and reasonable
- Every employee is expected to make valued and impactful contributions
- A clear path to promotion
- Serve as a key liaison and partner to Finance, Accounting, Tax and Technology
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements.
- Evaluate business risk, identifying opportunities to enhance process effectiveness and improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating effectively the results of the audit and consulting projects via written reports, which are complete and prepared in a timely manner.
- Informs management of progress and/or difficulties encountered during the audit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting (external audit) or experience within a corporation’s internal audit function.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to detect and document weaknesses in internal controls.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functionality.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills.
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.