19 Mar Android Lead
Contact the recruiter, Shane Paynter, at email@example.com to learn more.
As the Android Lead you will work with state of the art technology to develop and design cutting edge applications. You will lead the mobile development team, collaborate cross-functionally, and improve development processes.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with architects to implement high-performance mobile applications
- Research and summarize adjacent technology trends to provide guidance
- Mentor the team on the “how” of better use of existing platform components and performance best practices
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you’re needed on the team.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Leads system analysis, design, development, and implementation for our existing mobile native applications.
- Translates stories into design & code. Develops well-engineered code and test artifacts backed by automated tests
- Research and employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure quality and improve velocity of the team
- Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Leads in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues.
- Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Contributes to develop and maintain an inclusive and highly-collaborative environment for the team
What it Takes:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 or more years in software engineering.
- Development experience in native Android and Java technolgies and/or ReactJS native.
- Excellent understanding of designing and building scalable, high-availability, distributed (multi-tiered), and concurrent applications.
- Experience working with designers to ensure the designed interfaces are implemented correctly.
- Exposure to continuous build and continuous integration tools.