For those of you looking to catch the eyes of recruiters. Keep these tips in mind when it comes to constructing your professional online identity:
- Create relevant profiles. Quality over quantity is import, decide which social profile you which to maintain. Be consistent, demonstrate not only why you have accomplish but also why your strengths are and why you can offer to future employers
- Network and be engaged. Connect with others in the industries within you wish to grow. Follow, subscribe or like the companies you are targeting. This will ensure that you receive notifications about:
- New Hires
- Product developments
- Relevant news
- Be known as a resource. Help up others by answering questions, making introductions and linking to engaging contact. If you are seen as a thoughtful and active person to keep up with your social capital will grow.
- Avoid professional exchanges on social sites. Don’t’ ask for a job. Make connections with the right people and let your statuses and posts do the rest.
- Make a plan. Focus and complete one task at a time
- Revamp/rejuvenate your job search. Most people know about sites like SimplyHired, CareerBuilder, Monster and indeed. Many companies have social profiles geared specifically towards Talent Acquisition. Improve your odds by looking for and following the hiring company careers Tweeter feeds, Facebook pages and LinkedIn groups.
Click here to see video.